While you have many options to watch the Grand National free live streaming, there may be some important things that you don’t know about the race. We have six important things that you should know about the horse race and horse racing.
Horse racing is one of the oldest of any sport. There have been no changes to this sport or the basic concept. It began as a race of stamina and speed between two horses. It has evolved into racing between more than two horses these days and the electronic monitoring equipment has been brought into play as well. The concept is still the horse that wins the race first is the winner. It’s pretty simple. Now, the horse races have turned into a big money producing way to entertain people.
Here are six important things to know about horse racing:
- A jockey is the rider of the horse.
- The horses have a trainer and many others who take great care for it.
- The term handicap means a type of horse that carries a different amount of weight according to their ability.
- There are two main types of horse racing, flat racing and National Hunt or jumps racing.
- The average horse weighs about 1000 pounds or 450 kg. This is a lot less than the average weight of many other breeds.
- Breeding plays a huge role in horse racing. Stallions can make their owners millions. Many modern thoroughbreds are inbred, and they can trace their dads back to three horses.
There are a lot of interesting facts about horses and horse racing. In fact, if you are just getting into horse racing, there is a new world of information waiting at your fingertips.